A big thanks to Helen Malmberg and her crew for putting on another terrific race and to the Haliburton Forest Center for hosting it in their beautiful forest.
There are a few lessons to learn running this type of race.
- It is an emotional experience, you might cry.
- You will have a lot of time to think about things. Be grateful.
- Your feet will take a beating.
- Recovery is a bitch.
We took our time on this race and did a little videography. Have a look at our movie of the race to see the beauty of this run.
Highlights of the run were:
- The huge rain and electrical storm Friday night.
- The forest.
- Sleeping in the van in the rain.
- The dark morning rain.
- The beautiful single track trail.
- The aid stations.
- The 50k turn around.
- Did I mention the forest?
- The amazing runners that passed us. They were just awesome.
- The gnomes.
- The cheering at the finish line.