#100happydays Day 75 – Darn weather – where’s summer?
I think a lot of us are still waiting for summer. The temperatures have been below normal and there seems to have been more rainy days than necessary. I mean, I haven’t got tan lines and my grass it growing faster than ever.
To look on the bright side of this cooler summer weather we sat down and made a list. When I asked Glenis to come up with 3-4 reasons why she liked the cooler weather, she told me that it would be tough for her unless I was asking about coolers and then she could list 3 or 4 of her favorite flavors. LOL
While this isn’t a list of cooler flavors, here are our good reasons to like cool summer weather:
- Because when I’m at work I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything – Glenis
- I’m not drinking as much – Glenis
- The grass and weeds don’t grow as quickly (maybe on Glenis’s lawn)
- Cheaper air conditioning bill – Glenis
- Fresh air – Glenis
- Can still cuddle with my favorite blankies at night – Glenis
- Still wearing my all in one jammies – Glenis
- Can let the hair grow on my legs because no one is seeing them – Glenis
- Still feel like I have time before bathing suit weather is upon on – Glenis
- Trails are softer to run on. – Janis
- Quicker recovery in cool weather- Janis
- You can wear more clothing leaving less skin exposed to the sun and bugs – Janis
- My hair isn’t as frizzy – Janis
- There is water in the creeks – Janis
- The farmers are a little happier – Janis
- Deer flies don’t buzz around in the rain – Janis
- No sweat marks in the office – Janis
- No frying in the sun when volunteering at races – Janis
We know this weather is better than last winter, and that alone is something to be happy about, burrr, but a little heat would go along way to make us feel like we had a summer.